Jul 31, 2011

Hallway Almost Done




On Thursday this past week, I was determined to get the outside of my room completed.  Well, I am happy to report that I am about 90% done with the outside of my room with my pirate theme.  I used my Cricut to do the letters for the bulletin boards, made some clipart using Scrapbook paper, and brought out my old Carson Dellosa palm tree.



 Our entire school's theme this year is "Lighting the Way", so the letters out in the hall way Lighting The Way To Find The Treasure.  This is how I am going to use my pirate theme.

My skinny bulletin board I usually use for different seasonal art projects.  I can usually get 24 student's art projects out in this hall area.  My husband added some tack strip for me on Thursday so that we could put the letters up easier.  Otherwise, we thought it was going to be a lot of tacky strips.  I did not want to use a hot glue gun because my fingers are crossed that I can reuse or sell the letters at a garage sale.  We did not laminate the pennant paper, but I did laminate the letters that I used.  The whole board says "Lighting The Way To Find The Treasure".  I used red pennants for the Lighting The Way and used black pennants for To Find The Treasure.

I also have a large bulletin board area right outside of my door.  This is where I put a "theme" name tag and the students put different projects out in their spot.  These projects can be writings, math items, theme items, etc.  I don't have my name tags up yet because I don't have my class list.


This is the large bulletin board area where I hang additional projects.
 These letters say "AAAArgh" Best Work.  My camera kind of put a shiny glare so it is more difficult to see.  I bought the scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby for 50% off which made it real reasonable.  This banner was also at Hobby Lobby for about $4 so I didn't even try to make one for this area.
This is another view of the large bulletin board area.


I love Deanna Jump's Pirate ship, so I had to incorporate this into my pirate theme.  I think it adds a final touch to the "Pirate Area".

Well, back to work on Monday this week to hopefully give you a view of the inside's of our room.  We are also putting the finishing touches on Homework booklets, center activities, and theme work.  So keep checking back for fun ideas!

7 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Looks great!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Sheri said...

That looks fabulous! I love the ship and your pirates are adorable!!

Sheri
kindergarten-roundup

madame-v said...

How do you print the Pirate ? They are so big ? I would love to do something like that ...

Valérie

Anais Novak said...

It ALL looks so nice. I like how organized your door looks. How did you make the big pirates?
Anais
First Grade Garden

Shannon said...

Hi there!! Love your Pirate hallway!! Adorable!! So I am also doing a Pirate theme and bought the Pirates from Scrappin' Doodles!! How did u print them so big!! I know I can break out the old over head and trace the Pirates but if there is an easier way, I am all about that!! Any adtips would be greatly appreciated!!! :-)

Busy Bees said...

No easier way that I know...I did bring out the old overhead and used scrapbook paper and glue sticks. My daughter helped so it did not take long at all. We did laminate them. I did put real red polka dotted fabric on the one pirate decoration. I just attached it with Tacky Glue. It stuck perfect and did not fray.

Cyndy said...

Seriously adorable!
Cyndy
Counting with Coffee