Jul 16, 2011

My Week at Mazza

Yippee! That’s how I would describe my last week while attending the Mazza Summer Conference. It is a week long celebration of children’s illustrators and their art. The Mazza Museum is the world’s largest collection of original art from children’s books. If you haven’t heard of the museum or the conference you should look it up. This past week Harry Bliss (Diary of a Worm), Eric Rohmann (My Friend Rabbit), Candy Fleming (Muncha! Muncha!, Muncha!) Denise Fleming (Shout!, Shout It Out!), Chris Gall (Dinotrux), Anita Silvey (Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Children’s Book), Nick Bruel (Bad Kitty), Richard Cowdrey (Bad Dog Marley), Cheryl Harness (Women Daredevils), James Warhola (Uncle Andy's), John Manders (Henry and the Buccaneer Bunnies) and Seymour Simon (Global Warming) were the featured keynote speakers. It was a week of good laughs, some insights to their work, and great connections for teachers and librarians. I have listed just one book by each author/illustrator but you might want to look up some others. What an amazing chance to meet and mingle with some of our students’ favorites.












No comments: