Sep 20, 2011

Apple and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Theme




We are really beginning to get into our routine.  Today was our 18th day of school(really 13 for kindergarteners) and I am amazed at the progress.  Improving fine motor skills has been one of my goals.  The kiddos have done a fabulous job with their theme projects.  Tomorrow I am passing back a lot of art work that we have had hanging up, so I thought I would share some of our fun things with you before they go home.  Chicka Chicka Boom Boom has been our theme book this week along with Johnny Appleseed.  I have a ton of fun projects on Johnny Appleseed to share with you this week and all of next week!!  We also have some apple graphs/spinners on our TPT store and a fun SMARTBoard apple activity.  I will share more this week and next week with apples.

 These are our Peacemakers that came from Julie Lee.

A modified version of The Wheels On The Bus by Deanna Jump.

Our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom name trees.

Our version of collecting data about the color of our hair.

Deanna Jump and Little Giraffe's gave me this adorable activity to go along with The Kissing Hand.  I decided to add a little bit of ribbon to it so that parents could hang it at home.  The kids loved making their handprint with a parent volunteer.

An up close version of this handprint from The Kissing Hand.  I will share what the back looks like tomorrow.  I forgot to take a picture tonight of the back!!

1 comment:

Janine said...

I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by my blog to pick it up!

Faithful in First