Oct 23, 2011

TPT "TREAT" SALE CONTINUES and a Halloween Positional Words Freebie


Last night while my hubby was watching football, I decided to plan out my last October week of fun. 2-D shapes, 3-D shapes, and positional words have been our math focus the last few weeks.  For math this week I am finishing up Julie Lee's monster theme, our October Math Journal, completing pages in our Shape Book, along with our freebie graphs we have offered. As you can see, I am going to keep my kiddos quite busy this week with math skills. Friday is the end of our 9 weeks, so I will be wrapping up any math assessing that I need to finalize.

Here is a fun positional words review activity which makes the kids make application of these skills. We made the review worksheet totally ready to copy on the copier. As always, please leave a comment if you take this fun freebie.

Halloween Positional Words Worksheet.docx”


Pumpkin Patch Week

We went to the pumpkin patch on Friday.  This week in Science, I am integrating math/science by completing our Pumpkin Patch Individual books and "Our Class Pumpkin" activities.  I plan on sharing these individual book pictures with you throughout this week.  Measuring, predicting, counting, graphing, reviewing the life cycle of a pumpkin, conducting experiments, etc.  What a fun week planned!

Due to VERY WET conditions, we went on a hayride in the grass area, but had to pick our pumpkins out of boxes.  This was a new farm we went to this year and it was awesome.  We were there from 10:30-2:15. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing it!

Rowdy in First Grade

Kellie said...

I am a speech therapist and I love your positional word book, however Scribd says I need to buy a membership to download this book. Is there any other way to download this?
Kellie

donnas said...

This is adorable and I would love to use it but I can't download it- telling me you need to buy a premium membership.
Could you send it to me?
Thanks,
Donna
d2ksink@yahoo.com