Nov 7, 2011

Freebie Word Wall Words For ThanksgivingI



I decided to add some Thanksgiving words to my word wall at school. I couldn't find anything specific to what I wanted, so I decided to make my own. I just cut them out a couple of minutes ago, so I don't have pictures to share of them on my word wall/pocket chart. I plan on using them during center time tomorrow and during my Thanksgiving theme the next couple of weeks. I will share pictures of the kids using them soon! As always, we love comments!! Drop us a quick note. If you design a worksheet or something based around these word cards please share. We would love to make a collection of writing activities!!

The
I Am Thanksful for....Word Cards docx”

Student waiting patiently to sort shape crackers.

The best part of this activity is eating the shapes!!

Sample of our cracker shapes.  The students also discussed other ways they could have sorted the crackers.  They discussed the number of corners, number of sides, etc.  They described each cracker before they were allowed to eat it!!

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

The Thanksgiving cards are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

I'm pinning the cracker pic....great idea!
ReadWriteSing

Busy Bees said...

Hope you enjoy this activity!!

Kathleen said...

Did you use a "fancy" font on these? They were uploaded as a docx, so if you did, the font didn't embed -- Just wanted to make sure - you know teachers love their fonts :)I love them though! They'll make a great addition to our classroom!
Kathleen

Busy Bees said...

Ya know, we will go and check that out. Thanks for letting us know!!

Jessica said...

Do you have that sorting sheet available for download???? If so, I'd love a copy!
Jessica
gleadallj84@gmail.com s

Unknown said...

I love the Thanksgiving I am Thankful cards!!! Thank you sooooo much for sharing!
tonia in Redlands,CA
Tvento1313@msn.com

Mrs. Glennon's Beach Buddies said...

I would love a copy of the cracker sort! Where can I find it?