Feb 19, 2012

Feeding The Winter Animals and Counting Sets Teen Numbers Freebie For President's Day


SueBeth's second grade students came down to our room on Friday and were such a great help.  One of our Science goals for the day was to make some things that we could then take out to our "Kindergarten Tree" to help feed the animals during the winter.  Even though it is February, we read the book The Night Tree by Eve Bunting and my kids loved all of the things that the family left around and on the tree for the winter animals.  We also made another item for the birds that I will share next week.  We used bird seed for this activity.

I always like to take pictures of the kids doing this and it was pretty muddy outside on Friday.  So, look for pictures to come this week on this fun activity. 


Our President's Day hats that we made to help remind us about George Washington.

This student so graciously modeled for me because I didn't think the picture would show how cute these turned out.

This part was the hit.  They loved having longer hair like George Washington did!!

We don't have school on Monday, but we do have to attend teacher in-service meetings at our high school.  We will be wrapping up President's Day this coming week along with our February Units.  SueBeth and I have been working really hard on some March Units this weekend.  So, hope to post about those items real soon!  Here is a President's Day freebie to help practice those teen numbers.  Let us know if ya grab it...we love your comments.

Happy President's Day!

Counting Some American Symbols

13 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love those hats!! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Tarra Mackelson said...

Love the hats! I am sure they were a hit!

Thanks for sharing!

Tarra
www.chalkboardchitchat.blogspot.com

Mrs. Coe said...

OM~gosh... I need the hats!

Tammy said...

Cute hats!

❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Rose said...

those hats are just too cute

Busy Bees said...

Thanks...I think next year I am going to add a "bow" to them. My kids keep telling me that he has a bow on when he is on the quarter.
Hope ya all enjoy your President's Day. We are off, but in meetings all day!

Kaleigh said...

Cute blog, i'm a new follower!

Kaleigh's Klassroom

Freckleteacher said...

Great Hats! Thank you for the counting freebie! I may use it in partners this week.

I can't believe you can have an in-service on President's Day! I hope it was worthwhile. I have the day off, but heading in to get ready for the week. Always more to do!

Molly said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog Robynn!! That is too funny that we have such similar things in our bags! Guess they are just the essentials for great teachers! :) And I love the hats you made with your kiddos! super cute!

Molly
Lessons with Laughter

applesandabcs said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I downloaded your American symbols worksheet! Thank you for sharing!

Michelle
Apples and ABC's

Marsha M. Moffit McGuire said...

Such cute president's day stuff. Wow! Robynn, thanks for finding my blog. I'm following you now and adding you to my blog list.
Marsha
differentiatedkindergarten.blogspot.com

Edana said...

CUTE!!!!!

Color Me Kinder

Amy said...

Your blog is awesome! How have I not read it before! Please email me this toooooo! Thank you! atamez2@stedwards.edu