Feb 7, 2012

Puppy Love Centers and Heartbeat Freebie

We started our Puppy Love Centers yesterday and the kids loved them.  Here are some of the pictures from these fun center activities that we did during Math.

These students are using Ipods/Ipads as a center.  They love using these in a center and playing fun math games.  Right now they are playing an addition game.

This student is doing the subtraction Puppy Love Center Activity.  She had to count the dots, subtract the ones that were taken away, and tell me what what left. 

Student completed this subtraction activity as described above, while filling out a worksheet for me to check.

These two students are working hard on our Puppy Love addition activity.  They didn't agree with how many there were altogether, so they decide to recount it together.  This involves counting, adding, and recording their answers.


These students are working on the assignment in pairs.  This is the first time that I tried it and I love it.  One student I allow to be the teacher and the students did AMAZING!! 



I would love to hire this student.  She did an amazing job being the teacher and helping another student make the numbers correctly!!

Fun addition game on the Ipod/Ipad.

Another Puppy Love Center Activity that require the students to compare how many more/how many less.  I put the cards in order to match the worksheet.  At first I thought this might be too tough for the students and they might need some help, but they did it perfect!!  Another standard that I have been able to review.  With this practice, I think it will be much easier for the kids to tell me how do you know there are more bones.

Here is a freebie that we thought you might enjoy.  I purchased those plastic hearts a month ago at Dollar Tree and Target and have been wondering how I could use them for both reading/math.  I am going to write some "difficult" sight words on the top of the heart with a permanent marker and then put spray a clear acrylic over the top to keep it from coming off.  Then on the inside of the heart I am going to put a number on the bottom with a permanent marker and then put that many candy hearts in the container.  The student has to read the words, count the hearts, and add them together.  I will take pictures of this activity tomorrow and share the pictures with you.
More pictures to come tomorrow of some of our additional Valentine Themed Centers that we have been working on during Math. Drop us a comment if you enjoy our Heartbeat Freebie!!

Heart Sight Word and Addition Game

7 comments:

CacheyMama said...

You’ve been tagged. Click here to see: http://preschoolteacher81.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html
Lori

Kelly said...

I am SO jealous of your iPods/iPads!!!

Kelly
visit me at:
"Kindergarten Kel

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love your attaions!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Freckleteacher said...

Hi Robynn! I have been having my students work in pairs too and it is great! I have more to learn about using it effectivley, but so far I think it is very powerful. I choose 1 activity each morning for them to do in a pair. I haven't really mentioned being a "teacher", but I have noticed that they naturally have that happening in certain pairs.
Your Puppy Love activites are great! Could you please e-mail or post the name of the ipad app? Thanks!

Vickie said...

Thanks for the freebie - cute idea!
Vickie

Annie Moffatt said...

I just love the fact that you are incorporating the iPad in the classroom:) Your kids must LOVE coming to school with all these awesome activities!!

Ms. Schepp said...

How precious that your students work together so nicely! shows me what a great teacher you are!
Check out my NEW blog!
http://confessionsofanewteacher.blogspot.com/
Everything from fashion to organizational tools :)
Love your blog! :)