Mar 3, 2012

Freebie Alert~March Word List


Don't know about you all, but March definitely came in like a lion.  However, still not one snow day yet!!  It has been so windy and rainy that we practiced our tornado drill Friday. 

We had so much fun this past week with all of our Dr. Seuss activities.  My kids go to the library on Friday and my librarian said Oh, Mrs. Drerup, your kids are wanting these Dr. Seuss books like crazy.  So many of my kids said they were hoping to be able to go to the new Lorax movie that just came out.  So how fitting, we read that book and have a fun project to finish up with on Monday.

We started our March writing journals on Thursday.  We wrote about what typically happens in March and then yesterday we wrote about what we like about spring.  This year some of my kiddos have really struggled with journal writing.  I have had to really "alter" my guided journal writing the entire year since I have seen this situation since the first month of school.  So, the last 2 weeks of February, we went back to a total guided journal writing lesson together again while the kiddos were writing the same thing in their journal on the floor.  My higher writers were enjoying it because they were giving me some adjectives/adverbs to help out with jazzing up our writings.

On Thursday, we went back to all of us working on guided writing and then all of us doing an independent journal when our guided writing lesson was done.   I can honestly say, that those 2 weeks of everybody doing our journal together were very helpful to all writers.  In just 2 days of independent writing, almost all of my kids are "on board" of understanding writing!!  One little girl even said, "Mrs. Drerup I now get it!".  She was soooooo excited and was bouncing around the room.  Isn't this what we teach for.  This gave me goosebumps and brought tears to her mom's eyes when I told her!!

Here is our March Word List that we put at centers and on their workmats at their seats!!  Enjoy this freebie!


  








March Word List

11 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love this! Thank you!
Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

Ms. Kerri's Krazy Kindergarten said...

I love your monthly word lists. I post them in my writing center each month. Thanks so much for sharing.

Michelle Rist said...

Love this list! Thank you!

I have an award for you on my blog. Check it out if you have time!

TammySF. said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!! I'm your newest follower:)

www.123teachwithme.com

Sarabeth said...

thanks for sharing!!
sarabeth

Becca said...

Hello Ladies,

I just found your blog through Lil' Country Kindergarten. I can't wait to look around a bit. I'd love it if you'd come over to my blogs as well. I currently have three blogs. I write a home blog (my most widely read blog), a literacy blog, and a kindergarten blog. My literacy and kindergarten blogs are fairly new, so I'd love to get the word out about them. My main website is www.homeiswheremystorybegins.com. From there, you can get to all of my blogs. I'd love any advice you have for breaking into the teaching blog world. I feel like I have a pretty good start with my home blog, but no one seems to be reading my other two. Any suggestions for me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to help out a new teacher-blogger!

Becca

Laura said...

Hi, I just found you ladies.
I really enjoy all your ideas. I think I found you because I was looking up ideas for DIBELS. Wow, you have a lot of DIBELS resources. (yay!)

Thanks for the freebie. I appreciate it so much. Another teacher blogger used to provide them for free and now she charges, which made me sad. You just made my day.

kjohnson4 said...

Your blog is full of color, with pictures from your classrooms, cute icons, and freebies. Thank you for sharing all that you do! Check out my blog and see the One Lovely Blog Award I gave you:)

We are ALL Special!

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Thanks for the freebie- awesome!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Cynthia said...

I'm your newest follower and hope you'll return the favor! :-)

Cynthia

www.2ndgradepad.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I LOVE this word list!!! I can't find the other months! Can you please help? Thanks! Sarah srhendricks78@gmail.com