Apr 2, 2012

Vacation To Texas and Linky



I am on spring break, so today I went shopping in Amish Country with my dad, stepmom, and sister.  As soon as we got there, my son sent me a text telling me that he just got his job assignment for when he gets out of college.  He is going to El Paso, Texas.  He starts his job in July.  My kids love the beach and had been wanting my husband and I to book our beach vacation.  However, I think we will be heading to El Paso, Texas to look for a place for him to stay.

Of course once I got home I think it sunk in that my son is going to be far away from us starting in July!!  We live in OHIO!!  I am so happy for him.  Anybody have some great things to tell me about El Paso?!?!  All I know is air fare is NOT cheap, but that doesn't matter right?!?  I told him he would be safe because he is really close to the army base!!

Now for one of my first linky's...I am hoping I did it right!!

10 comments:

Ms. Chrissy B said...

I live in El Paso! What do you want to know? :)

I'm happy here. It has its faults, but it is a safe place to live. Across the border, in Juarez, Mexico, is an incredibly dangerous place to be, but El Paso is one of the safest cities in the US. It's growing, too.

The weather is pretty nice - few disasters happen here. We don't worry about tornadoes, earthquakes, or hurricanes. We get some strong strong winds in the spring and hot hot heat in the summer (super dry) but you can go outside 90% of the year.

Anything you'd like to know - just ask!! My parents are from here, and I've lived here since high school.
Buzzing with Ms. B

Mrs. S. said...

My aunt lives in Texas and we love to visit! You'll enjoy. :)

✿.。.☆♪♫*❤*Melly*❤*☆.。.✿

Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

nadalia smith said...

There are lots of things to do. you will definitely enjoy there.

Family Holidays

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

((hugs))
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Busy Bees said...

Thanks for all of your info. I have been on the internet and it looks like a big city with lots to offer!! I'll keep searching.

Barbara said...

A huge congrats to your son. This is so exciting for him!

Barbara
Grade ONEderful

Edana said...

I want spring break to go r e a l slow too!! lol!!

Congratulations to your son on his new job! Sending hugs & prayers your way. My niece is moving to Colorado in October and my sister is having a difficult time, I'm sure its not easy...hang in there.

Mrs. Coe said...

Texas is a beautiful place with warm and loving people. If you are ever in Texas let me know!

sidquince said...

I live and teach in El Paso. Just have to laugh... I have a sister who lives in Dallas and is being transferred to Ohio...small world. I teach with a teacher who is from Ohio. El Paso is a safe place...we don't go to Juarez, Mexico.

Mrs. L said...

Congratulations on 25 years!
Life with Mrs. L