May 20, 2012

Volunteer Gifts Done...Check...Off The To Do List


I will have to say thanks to my daughter, Jordan, my parent volunteer gifts are done.  She had some spare time yesterday and wanted to do something while sitting out on our deck, so I told her that she could design something to give to my parent volunteers this year.  I had a couple of dads that helped this year, so I will need to get them a little something other than a necklace.  
Jordan loves making necklaces and loves to "accessorize".  I guess I am pretty lucky.  She made all of this for under $20 including the boxes and tissue paper.  Tomorrow I will have to have the kids make our cards for our parent volunteers so that these can go home tomorrow or Tuesday.
 
One more thing off of the to do list!! 
Next up, SueBeth's 2nd grade students came down to our classroom 2 days a week to help some of my students with reading.  They listened to them read their books in a bag, helped them with popcorn words, and helped them with Dibels items.  One of the biggest things I saw was that there were some true friendships developed during this time.  When my kids would go to lunch, those 2nd graders would seek out my kids and give them a big hug, a huge smile, and a big old wave.  My kids would get really excited when they saw them anywhere in the building.  Gotta brainstorm something good for them tonight so that I can have my kids produce it tomorrow!!  

She monogrammed each volunteer's name on "their" necklace.

Was going to use our Cricut, but thought these letters from Hobby Lobby would be so much easier.

Added a little tissue paper and tulle for the ribbon.

She had them all done and then I told her that I wanted to post it on my blog!  She gave me that look of mom...you are kidding me.

 

13 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

Love those necklaces!! Your daughter did an excellent job!!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Those are so cute!! And I love the wrapping!!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Ms. Chrissy B said...

So precious! Your volunteers are lucky :)

Buzzing with Ms. B

Katie Lawson said...

Adorable gifts! :)
http://kindergartenfunn.blogspot.com/

Lisa R. said...

Everything came out great! The necklaces are perfect & I am absolutely in love with how you packaged the gifts!!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Jessica Stanford said...

It's all so adorable! Can I volunteer next year? hehe

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Those gifts are amazing!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Jenn Bates said...

How nice! And I love the wrapping!
Jenn
Finally in First

Barbara said...

WOW! Those necklaces are gorgeous!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

School Sparks Renee said...

Your volunteers will love the necklaces. Renee

Mrs. Cupcake said...

LOVE that gift packaging!!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Kimberly Santana said...

CUTE!! Are those letter stickers or vinyl?? New follower here!

Kimberly
The Learning Tree

April Kreitzer Wolfe said...

Those are so stinkin cute!! I can't believe she made those!! I love the wrapping too.

April
Wolfelicious