Jun 27, 2012

Freebie Journal Covers For 2012-2013

   
Let summer officially begin for me...well kind of! Today I wrapped up helping with Vacation Bible School, worked some in my classroom, and put all of my stuff on the school server for the tech department to clean them up! I have TONS of clipart, so I was nervous of how long it was going to take me to put it on the server. So, I went to the handy dandy Staples and got a Mac Portable Hard Drive. I plugged in 2 cords and in less than 5 minutes I had all of my clipart files backed up! SueBeth says I have an obsession with clipart, so when I say a ton...I mean a ton!!

As promised, here is the "updated" version of journal covers that I will be using this coming school year. Just like last years, they are black and white. I pass them out at the beginning of the month and the kids use markers/crayons to color in the page. Then we place them in the front of the journal binders until the end of the month. At the end of the month, I collect all of the month's journal writings and then transfer them over to the Data Binders. Actually I don't do this I train the kids from the get go how to do this! SAVES ME TONS OF TIME!!

We met today in the morning and brainstormed how we are going to organize our monthly writing packet to share with you. This packet will integrate the new kindergarten writing standards with many social studies/science themes. Hope to finalize it real soon!!

We also worked on wrapping up my "Jungle Themed" Parent Communication packet. It is almost finished are ready to share and put on TPT. Just need to wrap up a few items.

There are 18 pages for the journal covers. We made one for each month except July and offered several "covers" for you to choose from of what you want to put on the "Cover" of all of your journals. I always use mine in my Data Binders which I am going to be updating in the next few weeks. Hope you can use the Journal Covers and we look forward to sharing more fun things with you! These are also available in our TPT store for free. 2012-2013 Journal Covers

15 comments:

Jennifer Tilton said...

The journal covers are fantastic. You are very sweet to share them!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Ms. Kerri said...

These are so cute. Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to figure out how I want to do journal writing and writing next year. These will save me some time.
Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

Mrs. McHaffie said...

These journal covers are too stinking cute! Thank you so much!

Kelly
Beg, Borrow, Steal

Lisa K said...

Love the covers! Thank you for sharing! I will definitely use these in my classroom.

Amanda said...

Super cute journals! I love your black and white borders. Where did you download/get them?

Thanks,
Amanda
The Teaching Thief

Lisa said...

I love these journal covers! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

~ Lisa
Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos

Sara said...

These are super cute! Thanks for sharing them!! I'm following you, too!

Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees

Barbara said...

Those are very sweet. Thanks for sharing!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Kristy said...

Thanks for sharing! These are so cute.
I gave your blog the One Lovely Blog award!

Teachin' First

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing. These are adorable!

Marlana said...

I love these! Thank you so much for sharing them for free! I can't wait to print them when I get back to school.

Blessings,
Marlana
Lil' Country Kindergarten
Kindergarten Network

Steph said...

Hi there! I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger award :) Feel free to stop by to pick it up!

~Steph

The Quirky Apple

Mrs. M said...

Thanks so much for sharing these! Love it :)



Color Me Kinder

Nancy said...

These journal covers are very cute. Thanks so much for sharing them!

:) Nancy @ Joy of Life 2011

Susan Moran said...

Just downloaded your journal covers - thank you so much for these!!

I am your newest follower :)

I'd love for you to come check out my page!

Susan
T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)