Jun 7, 2012

My Pinterest Follower Button Is Up


Oh, I am cracking up.  Sometimes do you feel like your own personal kids are so much smarter than you are...especially at computer things.  I decided that I wanted to add a Follow Me On Pinterest Button to our blog.  I was doing everything perfect, except it kept linking to where everyone could see my "personal" things.  Finally, my daughter sat beside me and watched me do every step, then she says mom you are logged onto Pinterest from your computer.  I said, duhhhhhhhh.  Well Michelle over at The 3 AM Teacher, probably thinks I am not very smart at the computer either.  So THANKS Michelle it really works now!! 

I think my slow brain might be due to 16 hours of curriculum writing the last 2 days.  IT WAS INTENSE!!  I am starting to sweat from all of the changes that are taking place in the fall.  I think the biggest change is writing.  WOW...have you all seen the different kinds of writing and samples that the kindergarten students are supposed to be doing soon!!??

Well, off to another to do task tomorrow...working on my new homework booklet which is going to include DIBELS practicing!!  I have used it the last 2 years and it has been wonderful!!  Going to do a jungle theme this coming year, so working on my Jungle Communication booklet this week. 

We would love to hear what you are doing with all of the writing changes.  So glad that our district decided last year for kindergarten to implement the new math standards.  This means one less thing to "learn" for this summer.  Of course, I want to make some new August/September Math Centers to support the new curriculum.   

6 comments:

Mrs. C said...

I have been writing curriculum for three days. My head hurts!!!

Michelle Tsivgadellis said...

You are soo cute!!! I definitely think you are brilliant! Compared to a motherboard, we are all a bit inadequate...hehehe

Have a great day!!

Michelle
The 3AM Teacher
Visit My TPT Store
Visit My FB Page

Angie said...

I agree that writing is going to be quite a change! We use the Lucy Calkins Units of Study, and the new plan for our district is to only do two narrative units all year. Firsties thrive on writing about themselves, so this will be interesting!

Thanks for stopping by my blog... I'm your newest follower!

Angie
The First Grade Scoop

Deborah said...

Thank you for visiting.

You've got an awesome blog~!! So I've popped you on my blog list and am following you. :o)

I am thinking that I should put a pinterest link on my blog too. Got any tips/directions to do this?

Off to have a bit more of a look on your blog. :o)

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! :-)
Happy you left me directions to yours! How neat that one of you teaches K and the other 2nd! You're a wealth of information together! :-)
Look forward to keeping in touch!
MIchelle
nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

Conry Lavis said...

this is so much more than i needed!!! but will all come in use thanks!!
Buy Pinterest Followers