Jul 21, 2012

Cricut Jungle Print Pennant Done and Other Projects

 Things Are Getting Done and I Am Having Fun
Decided I was going to work about an hour a day for the next couple of days to wrap up some new things that I wanted to make this year in my Jungle Themed classroom.  I don't want to change everything because it's too expensive.  I have 3 bulletin boards outside of my classroom, I have 1 almost done, and just started on the second one which leaves a small one for me to wrap up this weekend.
I have a Cricut, so I purchased their new cartridge called Pretty Pennants.  I love this Cartridge.  All I did was purchase Scrapbook Paper from Hobby Lobby which was of course 50% off this week.  I decided I was going to use the words MONKEY BUSINESS above the bulletin board where I hang their artwork/projects.  It did not take me long at all to make the pennant.  After I added my layers, I laminated it so that I could keep it longer.  Here is a peek at what my pennants look like so far.  I am not done yet, but plan on wrapping it up and hanging it up real soon.  I will post a picture of the finished board.  You can purchase Cricut cartridges at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, and various stores on the internet.  I have ordered from Cutstom Crops and Cutncrops and love these online stores.  Finding Cartridges on Ebay is another great way, too.  Just make sure the person has the "gold" badge by their name meaning they are a Top Rated Seller.  You can find them cheap there and they come right to your door in a couple of days.  I plan on using this cartridge to have the students work on individual banners/pennants, some social studies/science projects/etc.  The projects are endless!!  BUT THE BEST THING is that you can use a 12x24 size mat and make larger banners/pennants if you want!!

Purple lettering will match the purple electric tape I used on the board.  The cheetah print boarder will match the bulletin board boarder that I put up on the board.  Thought black matched the cheetah print better.

Here is the bulletin board that I am working on.  This picture is from last year.  I have taken down everything from the board.  I have added Bright Lime Green Material and Purple electric tape to make the grids on the bulletin board.

Electric tape comes in various colors and is not as "thick" as bulletin board boarder.  I do put bulletin board boarder around the metal edge once the project is done.  I plan on putting a palm tree, monkeys, vines, and my pennants on this area.  To designate the kids' names I am going to either put them on bananas/bunches of bananas or small monkeys that I have purchased.  Then to top it off I will put my MONKEY BUSINESS pennant.


I am almost done with my Where Are We and What Do We Have Today project.  I spray painted the clothespins last night.  So, I just have to hang it up and add my jungle ribbon.  I will take a final pictures for you for this projects, too.  I laminated, then after I laminated I added Jungle Duct Tape so that it would be more durable and of course CUTER!!!  
Check out the jungle duct tape that I used on the edges and clothespins!  NO MODGE PODGE, got 4 clothes pins out of each piece I cut.  Work smarter...not harder.  Duct tape comes in tons of designs and it is on sale right now at STAPLES...just saw that yesterday when I was buying my daughter a folder for college.



SueBeth will get a chuckle out of this one.  I have to finish up lots of these projects and other projects today because my cleaning lady is coming on Monday and I have got to "clean up" for her to come.  So lots of things to finish up today for school that I have got to get off of the kitchen table!!

You will have to check back because my next post is going to show a great way to use vinyl lettering another way for fun center projects!!

8 comments:

Karlie said...

Cute pennants! I'm doing a sports theme this year, and I've been wondering how I could incorporate pennants, but I haven't really decided on anything. You're giving me great ideas though:)


We are ALL Special!

Mrs. C said...

I thought I was the only one who cleaned up before the cleaning lady!!!!

Sarah said...

Your pendants are cute...gives me a reason to break out my cricut! :)

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Janaye said...

LOVE!!! So cute!!

Lisa R. said...

That pennant is all sorts of cute!! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Amy said...

I love your pennant! I love my Cricut. I think I will have to go out and find that cartridge. :)

Amy
Mrs. Lattin's Kindergarten

Judy said...

Thank you for joining my blog! You are making such cute stuff!!

Judy

Jennifer said...

I love my cricut. I have 3 of them and one lives in my classroom. I need to get that cartridge. It is so cute!!

Jennifer
Darling Little Learners