Jul 19, 2012

Starting My School To Do List and Checking Things Off

UsUUs 
We had a wonderful time in Texas with our son.  It was definitely hard to say goodbye to him, but he will be home soon.  He gets to come home in August for  a week for training in Columbus, a weekend in November for a wedding, and Christmas.  So, I am feeling good about those days!!  We did not get home until early Wednesday morning.  For some reason instead of being really tired, I found myself full of energy.  
I picked up the dog, unpacked, got a haircut/highlight, went grocery shopping, and found time to get some school things off of my to do list or at least hoping to be off of my to do list this week.  
Here are some of the things school related that I worked on today.



Copied and laminated 6 of these to put at my writing center.

These are my workmats(name tags at tables) that I copied/glued the above popcorn words to the back, and laminated.

Copied and laminated my September word list.

Copied/laminated/cut apart word cards to use on my September Word wall along with popcorn words.

Copied, ran 30 sets of my September Math Journals.  They are also stapled and stored for the first week of school.

Sample page from September Math Journal.

Started, but did not finish my Where Are We and What Do We Have Today board.  Plan to post pictures on this soon as it is finished.
The September Math Journals are up on our TPT store.  Just click on these words September Math Journals to take a peek of this Math Journal.  It is 20 journals for just $2.00.  It literally took me less than 20 minutes to copy and staple 30 sets of these.  Each month contains Math Concepts from the NEW KINDERGARTEN COMMON CORE STANDARDS.   I am really hoping that I don't have that many kids, but I always like extras.

Our September Word Wall and Word List is something new we are doing this year.  It is up and ready to go our our TPT store for just $1.00.  Check it out by clicking here:  September Word Wall and Word List.

We designed something new this year to help with with Monthly Journal topics for guided journal writing and independent journals for each day of the year.  These topics will hit the new WRITING STANDARDS and integrate writing throughout the different content areas.  Check out this new monthly unit by click here:  September Journal Topics For Kindergarten.  You can grab this set for only $1.50.

Check back with some freebies coming soon on Flat Shapes(2-D) and Numeration items.  

11 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

Wow!! You accomplished a lot!! I love everything you shared today.
It's always nice to see pictures with your post. Thanks for sharing!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

2nd Grade Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

Congrats; you can now cross of your Need to Do List :) I love your Where Are We labels. I need to redo mine! Thanks for sharing! Check out my Blog if you have not done so already! SMILES :>)

Jennifer said...

You got more done on a day with little sleep than I did all week so far! :) Everything you got done for your classroom looks great!

Delighted in Second

Mona said...

I am inspired by all that you are doing to prepare for next year. I will need to start a to do list and start doing some laminating, too. Are you able to get into your classrooms throughout the summer? We have to wait until our classrooms have been cleaned. Your writing mats are great. I would love to see how you set up your writing center.

Mona
First Grade Schoolhouse

Lisa R. said...

Wow! I need to get to work after seeing all that you have accomplished!! I love how your theme books bucket came out & your writing mats. :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Busy Bees said...

We basically can get into our classrooms all summer long except for the day that they clean it. We just know to stay out of their "wax" and they won't care if you are in the building. Our custodians clean 2 buildings so right now the month of July they aren't even in our building. Kind of nice...because they love to talk if ya know what I mean!!

School Sparks Renee said...

You're really getting prepared!! And your stuff looks terrific. I love your artwork. Is it clipart? Renee

Busy Bees said...

Renee~Yes it is clipart from various people. I am trying to do a little a day, so I still have some summer fun left!!

Angie said...

Wow! You've been super productive! I love the chart with where you are/what prep you have that day. Cute!

Angie
The First Grade Scoop

Janaye said...

Looking great! You've done quite a bit!!

Leslie - The Groovy Teacher said...

Wow! You are so organized, I love those laminated work mats. I just became your 900th follower:)
Leslie