Aug 26, 2012

First Day Is Monday and Room Is Almost Done


Last week we screened the kiddos, so on Monday I will get 1/2 of my kids, Tuesday the other 1/2, and Wednesday everybody comes.I made sure that on Friday when I left I basically had everything ready to go for Monday.  We will be taking our son back to the airport later this afternoon.  It has been so much fun having him home. 
Since we will be in Columbus, I am trying to decide whether or not I am going to make my husband stop at a Target after we leave the airport or if I need to get back so that I can wrap up a couple of things in my room.  
  
Took some quick pictures before I left on Friday:
This is what my WILD homework binders look like for this school year.

Researched and designed my own behavior charts.  They will go on the inside of the homework binder.

Blue pencil pocket holds my skill rings that the kids use at home every night.  These skill rings are differentiated for each student.  Super easy!

Title page of the Wild homework booklet.

38 sight words this year.  Added those to the back of the booklet for parents to work on throughout the first 9 weeks.

Here is what the homework pages look like for the first 3 weeks of school.  Then I add on practicing Letter Fluency from the DIBELS.

Bought Michelle's pennant packet and decided to design my 7 Habits to go along with this theme. 

Hoping my class list if finally official so that I can put my birthdays in this week!

This is what my behavior cards look like.  Hopefully everyone will be on green this week!!
One of the books that I will be starting tomorrow will be Emily's First 100 Days of School.  The kids love this book.  I have used it for years.

Lots of books on the to do list for tomorrow along with explaining rules and routines.  Can't wait for the fun to begin!  Hope you all have a great week this coming week!

5 comments:

Allison Hutchins said...

I love that all of your 7 habits are framed. It makes everything look so much nicer! I love the Wild theme as well. Very cute! I'm your newest follower! Follow me on

storiessparklesandsmiles.blogspot.com

Allison

Barbara said...

What is on your skill rings?
I was trying to put those things on the homework folder ...but I really like the idea of a "ring". Can you share it?
Your room looks GREAT!
Have a happy first day with ALl of them together.

Mrs. Anderson said...

Love the birthday poster in the frame and the 7 habits, too.
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Busy Bees said...

Barbara~
My rings are just silver rings that you can buy at Staples, Wal-Mart, etc. I have used them for years. On my skill ring right now are the letter cards, 2-D flat shapes, and numbers 0-10. This is the main focus the first 9 weeks. For the letters they say the capital and lowercase letter along with the sound. I have used it for years and it's a great way to get parents involved!!

Erin said...

Hi!
how did you make your 7 habits' framed posters? Do you use a specific program? I love them!

Erin