Aug 20, 2012

Pictures and Last Day To Work In My Room


I have had a great "last" weekend before school starts.  Our son flew in from Texas for 9 days for training for his job.  So, we got to visit with him and even celebrate his birthday on Sunday.  Gotta love those Dairy Queen ice cream cakes!!

I told myself I could not do school work while Jacob was home and my husband didn't think I could do it.  It was hard, but I did it.  However, as soon as he pulled out of our driveway to head to his conference, I drug Jordan with me to finish up my parent handbook!!

I am headed into school as soon as I finish this post.  I need to clean up the room to prepare for screening.  Our teacher work day is Tuesday and then kindergarten teachers screen Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week.  Then next Monday 1/2 of my class will come all day and Tuesday the other 1/2 will come.  Leaving next Wednesday as the official day that all kindergarten students start all day.  

These are my Jungle Pom-Pom balls that my daughter helped me make.  Love how they turned out.

First day of school picture frame.  Keeping my fingers crossed the teacher store calls to let me know my extra set of letters are in today!!  Missing those popular letters and dots for the i.

Wrapping up my 7 Habits Subway Posters today.  Bought enough frames, but didn't check them in the bag and 2 were broke.  I will take a picture today of the complete project!

Spiced up my center chart this year.  Don't you just love hot glue guns!!

Closer picture of my center chart this year.

I have the kids do 2 centers for Math and Language Arts each day.  Last year, I finally found my easy organizing management system.

Calendar area almost done.  Can you tell I ran out of number 2's, too!!  Going to use Deanna Jump's standard cards for this area.

Well, headed into school to wrap it up and enjoy some "fun" time at home later. 

5 comments:

Mrs. Anderson said...

Everything looks awesome!! I love the framed posters for the hallway.
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

LOVE your pom poms!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Mrs. Reed said...

Your room looks awesome! I love all the colors!
Latoya
Flying Into First Grade

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I love your poms!! I just spent my night making tulle poms... my hands hurt!! lol
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Busy Bees said...

After doing it with tissue paper, I think tulle would be easier because of less "fluffing" when you are done. I can't wait to see pics of yours!