Aug 6, 2012

Word Wall Almost Done


 Word Wall Almost Done

Today I went into school to accomplish a couple of things.  I wanted to make sure that I wrapped up my word wall that I am going to be using this year. I added my popcorn words and September words to the word wall.  I have yet to add my "jungle themed characters" to jazz it up.  This picture represents the "pre" word wall stage and I will share with you a final word wall for the first month of school later this week.  

We posted some word wall items recently.  We posted the following TPT items:
Popcorn Words For Word Wall and Centers
September Word List and Word Wall Cards
We have been asked if we are going to continue the monthly word wall themes and the answer is a definite YES!!! 




Final Word Wall pictures coming soon.  This picture shows you the "pre" word wall.
 I also worked on laminating, cutting out, and adding spinners to our new First Sound Fluency Packet to go along with my Dibels component centers during the first couple of months of school.  This unit should be posted this week.  Has a fun "football" theme. 

Another item on my to do list was to get my homework booklet copied and put together.  This year I am doing a What I Learn Daily(WILD) booklet.  I got my homework booklet copied and put into my binders for the first 9 weeks.  I need to add some additional items, so I am hoping to get it done on Wednesday to share pictures soon!!!



I had some "old" notepads laying around wondering what I was going to do with them.  They were leftover from previous years.  So, I decided to spice up the cover and let the kids have one the first day of school to do some writing/drawing.  I had some leftover golf pencils, too.  So, once again my duct tape came in handy.  I used duct tape at the top to give it a "Jungle" twist.  Of course, I thought I needed to jazz up a container to put it in, so I used my Cricut to make letters for this container.  I need to add some "jungle ribbon" yet.  My daughter took it to school today, so I will add it on Wednesday when I go to school.  I plan on putting "fun" writing things for the kids throughout the school year to help keep them excited about writing.  I don't plan on buying things, I need to clean some things out of my closet this year.
Need to add some ribbon to fancy it up this week.

Added 30 of these inside the "Write On" container.  Of course I am hoping and praying that I don't need 30 of these!!

Used scrapbook paper and a gluestick to put on the front cover.  Then I added a fancy title with hot glue gun.

Wrapped 30 of these pencils with duct tape.  Went really fast and made it look like it had a jungle theme. 

 I will be heading to Columbus tomorrow with my daughter to check out a possible internship for next summer for her.  Of course, we are thinking it might turn into a little shopping trip.  So, I really don't see myself getting a lot of school stuff done until Wednesday again.  Ya never know...I might get motivated when I get home to take some pictures for you. 


FLAT SHAPES UNIT
I sooooo bad wanted to post pictures today of everything I made from our new Flat Shapes Unit.  It has a TON of centers and large group activities that are designed around the new math common core standards.  I WILL post about this unit along with a lot of pictures later this week.  There are enough centers/activities in this unit to last you a long time.  You can check this new unit out on our TPT store by clicking on this link:
Flat Shape 2-D Unit
 

5 comments:

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Wow, that's a *huge* word wall!!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Busy Bees said...

I have a huge room with a lot of storage!! Love it...but for some reason I also fill it up!

Lisa R. said...

Everything looks great!! I love the Wild About Writing notepads!! What a cute idea! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Teaching Fabulous Firsties! said...

Hi,
I’m your newest follower! I am doing a jungle theme, so I'm loving your cute ideas. I am a Newbie Blogger, so I appreciate all of the sharing of advice and ideas. Come on over for a visit sometime. Thanks!
Corinna :)
Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

Sara Gaitan said...

I love the idea of giving away unused writing materials! I have TONS that I collect (or hoard; whichever LOL)
And those spinners look like fun! Can't wait to see the finished product b/c I might have to get me a copy! ;)

Sara
Teaching Munchkins