Sep 30, 2012

Progress Monitoring/RTI Freebie

I have this same exact stamp that I bought a long time ago.  I use it to let students/parents know that their child is on target with certain goals that we are assessing.
Here is what I am doing this week and upcoming weeks to let myself, the students, and parents know if their child is "ON TARGET" with certain goals we have for the first 9 weeks.




My kids are doing outstanding with their letters and sounds.  I just finished up September Data binder results for each student in my room and they are recorded.  Some kids know all letters/sounds, some kids are down to just a couple of letters and/or sounds, and yes, a couple of students are still working on quite a few.  So, I designed something that I am going to clip on their homework booklet for parents to help with this weekly goal.  Before I cut them apart, I will make a copy for me to keep on my desk.  This copy will allow me to pull a student every now and then during the week to work on those harder letters for that student.  This could also be used with a parent volunteer.  If someone has a lot of letters/sounds to learn then I would only highlight a few of those letters/sounds so that it doesn't become overwhelming for them.

I also plan on making something like this for my popcorn words, numbers, shapes, etc. I am going to focus on things that are on our first grade card so that they are things we have worked on hard. 


 This Week's Goal

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, I love that idea. Very simple and like you said, you can do it with different things as well.
I started a weekly link up and I think this post would be perfect for it. I would love it if you stopped by my blog to link up! :-)

Jennifer
Darling Little Learners

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Love it!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Laura said...

I think this will be very helpful. Thanks!

Karyn said...

I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! Where did you get your "target" stamp?

Karyn
Kideducator@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great idea!

Mrs. M said...

This is just what I needed! Thank- you so much! :)

Color Me Kinder

Busy Bees said...

I have used it the last 2 weeks and it has been a wonderful tool for the parents!