Dec 4, 2012

Pen Pal Letters Done and Elf On The Shelf Is A Blast



Diana Cole from Cole's Little Pups and I have paired our kids up for pen pals.  Both of our schools are Leader In Me Schools.  So, the kids have so much in common with those 7 habits.  
We wrote one set of letters already about what we like to eat for Thanksgiving.  Today my class wrote about Christmas coming and what they wanted for Christmas.  We have skyped a couple of times, so the kids got to "meet" their pen pals last month, too.  They love to skype and enjoy sharing common language with their new Kentucky friends!


Oh my gosh, my kids are loving the Elf On The Shelf.  Yes, I have got to take pictures for you all to see what we have been doing.  The kids love looking each morning of where "Elfabet" is going to be and what he has left for us to read from the North Pole.  SueBeth and I created a packet on TPT called Elf On The Shelf Activities and Crafties that my kids have really enjoyed so far.  We have started our Where Is Elf On The Shelf which helps us with writing and also helps us with positional words in math.  We created little Back From The North Pole notes that Elfabet has with him each morning.  The kids love reading these notes from the North Pole.  So, we are integrating writing, reading, and math skills with this fun Christmas project.  This is the first year that I have done Elf On The Shelf, and I definitely will be doing it next year!!
   

1 comment:

Country Heights Elementary said...

Thanks for the shout out Robynn. My kids can't wait to get the letters. They talked about meeting their pen pals all day. This will really be a great experience for them that they will always remember. I'd love to be able to come up and see you. Maybe one day!!!!! fingers crossed!


Diana