May 26, 2013

Parent Volunteer Gifts Off Of The To Do List

A couple of days ago, it finally dawned on me that the 2012-2013 school year is going to end real soon.  So, I started making my to do list and realized that I had a lot of things to do before my year ended.  I knew it usually takes a while to think about what I want to do for parents and then it takes some time to put it together.  I am pleased to "announce" that all of my parents received their thank you gift last week and it really didn't take that long.
I meant to take a picture of all 10 of them together which would have been a good picture, but of course I forgot.  I almost forgot to take a picture of these!!  I did 3 different colors of pots red, blue, and brown.  You can't see it very good but I did thanks with black vinyl letters on the actual pots.  The black and white polka dot is ribbon that I glued onto the pots.  Next time I would have added some white polka dots onto the pots, too.  
The kids helped sign cards and colored the front of the cards for the volunteers.  I used a chevron straw for the holder, but glued it to a popsicle stick at the end to stick in the dirt so it wouldn't get "soggy" when they watered the plant.  

Here is a picture of what I send home this year:


Next up wrapping up my Kindergarten Scrapbook(Memory) books.  They are almost done, just have a few extra pictures to insert into the booklets.  Two final things this weekend are to get my grade cards done and get ready for our Summer Fun activities on Tuesday.  The kiddos are so excited for this fun day!
Hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend, too~


2 comments:

Terry said...

Would you consider posting your cute tags?
Terry
CA THYordan@aol.com

Online PhD UK by Dora said...

Memorial Day weekend means that the school year is almost over and that summer is almost here. I agree that I would really enjoy seeing a photo of the tags. I am sure that the parents were grateful with their gifts. Having the children sign the cards was a very nice touch.

Visit my Webblog: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/