Jun 1, 2013

Data Binder Celebration

The kids have helped chart and put things into their data binders all year long, but there is just something special about when it's all done.  Before I passed out their data binders, I took one students and discuss all of the progress that she had made since the beginning of the year in kindergarten.  The kids were most "impressed" by the progress that she had made in writing.  Once we were done reviewing her data binder, I passed out data binders to each student in my class.  I told them that first I wanted them to look through it independently, then once time was up, they could choose a partner/partners to share their data binder progress.  You would have thought I told them we were going on an extra field trip or something because they were so excited to share their progress.
One of the items on our to do list this summer is to revamp and add more items to my kindergarten data binders.  SueBeth and I have been discussing things to change and what things we can add to it to make them better.  Here are some fun pictures of them enjoying their data binders:






 

5 comments:

Tiffany May said...

These binders are GREAT!! Your blog is sooooooo fabulous!! Such great ideas. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading about all your goodies this summer!!

((HUGS))
Tiffany

One Fab Teacher

Sarah said...

Very cute! I love that they got so excited to share their progress with others. :) It sounds like you have a great, welcoming classroom environment!

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun! what a great idea. :)

Susan said...

Hi! I just found your blog...where have I been???? Anyway, I love the idea of Data Binders for the kids! Do you think you could elaborate on what is included? I made a fluency folder for each of my K Busy Bees, and they LOVED them. I think including Data that shows their growth would be great! And very valuable as documentation for conferences! Thank you!!!

Where the Wild Things Learn said...

LOVE the data binders! Such a great idea to have them look back to see their own growth! I am going to be doing data binders next year, so this was a huge help! :) Just found your blog.. not sure what took me so long?!?! So glad I did :) I am the newest follower of you two amazing teachers! :)

Amelia
wherethewildthingslearn