Jun 28, 2013

Phase 2 Completed In My Room

Why is it every year I tell myself not to start a big project in my room during the summer, and for some reason I do it every year.  My room was "clean" and I decided that some things needed to be cleaned out and pitched.  So, it has gone from a little project to a major project, but I am getting a lot cleaned.
  
After completing my 26th year of teaching, you do collect a lot over the years.  

I went into school the other day and started putting some "new" things up on the walls because I wanted to get my Cricut off of the kitchen floor.  Well, I did get some stuff up on the bulletin boards at school, but my Cricut is still laying on the kitchen floor cause of course I thought of some other things I wanted to do to make it look "nicer".  

If you remember from a previous post, I am doing a T.E.A.M theme inside of my classroom.  The goal of doing this is that I can keep things up and just change a little each year with this theme.  The T.E.A.M. stands for Together Everyone Achieves More.  This will allow me to focus on posting our classroom goals and letting the kids evaluate them which is a part of our teacher evaluations.

Outside of my classroom we are doing an OWL theme for our whole hallway classrooms.  We are a Leader In Me School so I incorporated this outside in the hall, too.  I will also put the owl twist inside the classroom with my T.E.A.M. theme.

Getting our spacing ready to hang up the letters outside of my classroom for our OWL theme.

Here is one of the 3 trees that I will be using to later put owls with the kids' names on them once I have my class list.


The whole bulletin board says:  Give A Hoot For Kindergarten Leaders.


Guess I forgot the word "for and the rest of the word kindergarten" ?!?



 I still have some bulletin board areas outside of my classroom to wrap up decorating.  

Now for the inside T.E.A.M. theme~
Bulletin board in our carpet "meeting" area.  

Letters were done on the Cricut to match the T.E.A.M. theme.  
The next phase of this bulletin board area is to put up the goals that we will be working on at the beginning of the year.

Next phase:
Wrap up the above bulletin board
Wrap up my rules bulletin board
Wrap up my "Goals That We Have Scored" Bulletin Board
Wrap up the OWL bulletin board outside in my hallway

All of the lettering for the above bulletin boards are done and laminated.  Just need to wrap up some "clipart" that I am enlarging to go with the themes!

Even with doing all of this SueBeth and I decided to update all of our Dibels items on TPT.  Should be finalized in the next couple of days.  

A bigger CELEBRATION for me is that I just wrapped up my T.E.A.M. homework booklet for the entire year.  They will be on TPT real soon!!  All I did was put them into the copier and place them into 3 ring binders!!!  Very kid and parent friendly, that is one of the best parts!!
Work Smarter NOT Harder!!

7 comments:

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Wow, you have a lot of room outside of your classroom! The board looks great. I haven't been back to my classroom yet, but maybe in a few weeks.

Erica
Shepherd's Shining Stars

Busy Bees said...

Thanks~I am thinking the custodians are coming in later next week, so I have to have stuff wrapped up. Kind of "forces" me to get things done!!

Amanda said...

Love your leader bulletin board - super cute! I wish I could get into school over the summer and make a board that pretty. :)

Amanda
The Teaching Thief

Janaye said...

That looks FANTASTIC!!!

Janaye
Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

Julie Stowe said...

You have done a fantastic job. Everything looks welcoming and organised. I hope you live on the high from being prepared all summer!

Julie :-)
Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

Pili said...

This is too cute! I can't wait to be able to come up with decoration ideas for my own classroom one day :)

Pili
Glitter and Gradebooks

Mrs. Cockrell said...

CUUUUTE! Love the huge polka dot letters on black. The owl theme is cute, too. Our school is apparently going to switch to a superhero theme this year, but I don't plan to change much b/c I spent a fortune changing my entire room last year. :)

Gayla
Teach On.