Apr 6, 2014

Spring Break Over, One More SLO, and Make Up Hours Begin

Spring break was totally amazing.  My husband and I decided to fly to Sanibel Island in Florida for the week.  We spent our time at the beach and pool areas.  It was soooo relaxing.
I am almost ready for our first week back.  Our district missed too many days this year due to snow, so starting Tuesday we are adding an hour on to each day for the next 11 days.  I am planning a lot of hands on science activities and math activities during this extra time.  
Well, I am done with my reading and math SLO's for this year.  My writing one will be given this week.  I am hoping to do it either Tuesday or Wednesday.  I can't wait to see the progress they have made with their writing.
This week we will begin our plant unit along with our measurement unit.  I will be posting some fun measurement activities to meet the kindergarten common core strand of measurement.  The activities will be coming from our measurement packet:
Let's Measure It!  A Kindergarten Measurement Unit 
 

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! Extra days AND extra hours!? Let's hope that doesn't happen again! But all that hands on stuff sounds like a great way to keep kids engaged and learning when they probably aren't in the best of moods or used to focusing. ;)

Busy Bees said...

I guess it beats going in June. As of now, we will be done by May 30. Hands on things and some fun art projects are definitely in the plans for the next 11 days!!