Oct 9, 2014

Pumpkin Freebie and Monthly Goal Charts

How fast is this school year going?!?!  We are headed to the pumpkin patch next week, so this week was spent preparing for the patch.  The students have loved all of the non-fiction books we have been reading and have also enjoyed making some fun projects.  Today we talked about the parts of a pumpkin, so we decided to paint paper plates, use real seed, and use yellow yarn to represent the pulp inside the pumpkin.  They loved doing this project.  Tomorrow we will label some of the parts of the pumpkin.


  
Our school uses the Marzano framework as part of our evaluation process.  We put monthly goals inside our homework binders and also have them posted in our classroom.  We talk about our goals daily.  This year I took my goal sheets to Wal-greens and enlarged them so that I could write on them and save them for the following year.  I love using my picture frame along with my visa via marker.  This is the same exact format I put in their homework binders.  Once the month is over, we put our goals in our data binders along with our results.


Don't forget to grab our Life Cycle of a Pumpkin freebie on our TPT store:  Click here

1 comment:

Mark said...

I loved the yellow yarn idea for the pumpkin guts. I am going to try it this week. For pumpkin LA and math I found some good ideas here...
http://monthbymonth.scholastic.com/teach.html

Under Pumpkins for Primary I have used the Attributes for vocabulary development and The Great Pumpkin Race for some really icky science journal observing/writing.