Sep 26, 2015

Math Journals Developing Problem Solving Skills

Our district is using a new math program called Bridges.  I am loving all of the components of this program and the students are becoming quite independent with the work places.  I am also doing the monthly math journals that SueBeth and I created a couple of years ago.  These are so easy to make, just print and they are ready to go.  
Each day the students and I read the problem.  Once we read the problem, we go back and the students decide which words help them solve the problem and which words are what we call "fluff".  There are 20 pages in each month.  I do send them home after each month so that parents can see all of the problem solving that we have been doing.  Our district uses the state math diagnostic test as our SLO and the students do amazing on this test I feel due to all of the problem solving they have done each and every day.  
We are putting these math journals on sale starting today, Saturday, October 26 through Monday October 28.  We have not yet bundled these so you do have to buy each individual month.
These journals typically run $2.00 for each month, but you can get them now through Monday night for $1.60.  Again...no gluing, cutting, etc. all you need to do is throw them in the copier and they are done.  I do mine each summer for the entire year!! 
Here is the direct link to our TPT store which is also on our side bar:  Busy Bees TPT Store. 

5 comments:

Mary Donovan said...

Hi Robynn and SueBeth,

This is Mary from DialMyCalls. I wanted to followup on my last email.
We, at DialMyCalls, love your site and were wondering if you offer any
kind of advertising options. Possibly sponsored posts or banner ads.
Thousands of teachers are already using our DialMyCalls service. We
think DialMyCalls would be the perfect match with your audience. We
could even give away our service for free if you wanted to
run some kind of promotion or giveaway.

Either way we are up for anything you have available, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing back from you,
Mary
mdonovan@dialmycalls.com

Hey Polly said...

Nowadays such skills are really handy! I know that there are lots of workshops on problems skills solving as well as time management. I know that they aren't that popular but they are useful. I even heard about the workshops on college papers writing in our university! I think I should attend them as it will be more beneficial than find essay writing service. Do you know about any essay writing courses in your neighborhood and do you attend them?

Gregory Willett said...

I heard a lot of information about this innovation and about this program but for me thi is really difficult to perceive. I thought that it will help me write my term paper but to my regret- no it didnt. I spend a lot of time, cuz I had to сollect a lot of information for my paper.

Sarah Freedman said...

Any similar programs and initiatives contribute to the development and improvement of the skills of all students of this region. And it's very cool when everyone can take part in it directly, but for all other students who do not want to give it their time, I can advise to use essay writing service. For them this is a good option.

Peter Thompson said...

It is very important to be proactive in everything, if you want to achieve the maximum result from this case. Especially in the beginning of the career path. I remember the time when I earned good money and studied in parallel, it was very difficult, but the goal was achieved. My efforts were not in vain, but not without research paper help research paper help. This is my credo, which led me to some success.